Friday, March 18, 2011

It's been a while! sorry!

I have been working at Columbus Computer Connection for the past few weeks. So I have not been able to keep all of you up to date. The most recent job was a compaq. It was from 2001. Had to upgrade the video card and put Windows 7 on it. Which wasn't too bad because knowing how awesome programmers have come. I only ended up needing to get two drivers from the web. I have fixed, mother boards with reflows, updated keyboards, replaced screens, power - jacks. Pretty much everything you can do on a computer hardware wise I have had to do it in the past few weeks. It is fun to see all of the different excuses people have for not cleaning their computers. A woman came in with a desktop. When the side got opened a pile of dust fell out on the floor. Not some, not just bunnies but about a stack 4 inches tall and half a foot long. When asked about why she never at least took a leaf blower to it or vacuumed it out. She said "I don't use it, my son does." So....yeah. please take care of your technology. It may be old and dying but its your garbage. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment